The Gill Family Tree
Family Tree of Willie, Emma & Jennie Gill, et al
Ashmount, Kill, Rathmolyon, Enfield, County Meath, Ireland
Father: Garrett Gill (born 1830, Edenderry, Co. Offaly, Ireland)
Mother: Ann Gill (nee Piggott) (born 16th February 1834; Baptised on 9th March 1834
1. Susan Jane; born 14th February 1862, baptized 17th March 1862
2. William John; born 12th June 1863, baptized 8th July 1863; died June 3, 1951, age 88. Went in the work; became Overseer of England). Buried in West Hanney churchyard located 5 minutes walk from the convention grounds in Berks, England.
3. Mary Ann; born 5th October 1864, baptized 30th November 1864
NOTE: Married Fred Hughes - see Hughes Family Tree ; Emigrated to North Dakota USA in 1893
4. Garrett (Junior); born 19th February 1866, baptized 6th April 1866
5. Sarah Ellinor; born 25th December 1867, baptized 19th February 1868
6. Philip Henry; born 11th October 1869, baptized 16th November 1869
7. Emma Emily; born 9th October 1871, baptized 6th January 1872 (went in the work)
8. Paul Fawcett; born 23rd April 1874, baptized 7th June 1874
9. Janet Goodwin (Jennie); born 24th February 1876, no recorded baptism date.(went in the work)
There was no baptism date recorded for Janet Goodwin (Jennie); an oversight on the part of the Vicar.
Garrett Gill built "Ashmount" around 1872 on property he owned.
The address of the Gill Family home from 1872 until 1895 was:
Ashmount, (Click for Photo)
Go to Top of Page