The Carroll Family Tree
Family Tree of Bill, Jack, May & Fannie Carroll, et al.
of Rahinstown, Rathmolyon, Co. Meath, Ireland
Click Here: For additional information about the Carrolls
Father: William Carroll. Born 1850 (Father: Patrick Carroll)
Occupation; Land Steward on Fowler Estate
Died: January 23, 1897 aged 47 years.
Buried in Rathmolyon Church of Ireland graveyard. Grave unmarked.
Mother: Cecilia (nee Christie) Carroll. Born 1854 in Scotland; died in 1916, in Dublin North, age 62.
Married: October, 1875.
All the Carroll children were born in County Meath, Ireland. The Carrolls probably moved to Rathmolyon, Co. Meath in the 1890's.
Cecilia Primrose was the only child born in Rathmolyon.
Carroll Children (6):
1. 1876 William (Bill) Charles Carroll: Born August 15, 1876 at Newtown, Moynalty, Kells, Co. Meath;
Died in Dromana, Victoria, Australia, age 78, and was buried on November 13, 1953, aged 77 in the Presbyterian Section (PNS570) at Box Hill Cemetery Reg. No. 17230, near Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. 1953 Death Certificate Reg. #22810
Married Margaret (Maggie) Elizabeth Hastings of Coragh, Rathmolyon, Co. Meath on June 6, 1901 in Church of Ireland Rathmolyon, Co. Meath; He was 25 and she was 26. Her Father was Charles James Hastings and her Mother was Maria (Roe) Hastings.
Margaret (Maggie) Elizabeth (Hastings) Carroll: Born April 20, 1875. Baptised in Church of Ireland, Rathmolyon on May 23, 1875;
Died in Surrey Hills, Victoria, Australia, age 67, and was buried May 6, 1942 in Presbyterian Section (PNS570) of Box Hill Cemetery Reg. No. 26725, near Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. 1942 Death Certificate Reg. #4141
[In the Crocknacrieve Convention of 1913, the only lady in the picture of the chefs is Maggie (Hastings) Carroll.]
Their only child, a daughter, May Carroll, was born May 31, 1902 and died Aug. 6, 1991, age 89. She married an ex-worker named Adolphus Harry ("Dolph") Schulz from Queensland, Australia, who was born Sept. 17, 1896 and died Feb. 26, 1986, age 90. They resided in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and had at least 2 sons, David and Carroll. They are buried in Box Hill Cemetery at the end of the row where her parents are buried. May is Registration No. 45097, Date of Service 9th August 1991, Location P NS558. Adolphus is Registration No, 44085, Date of Service, 3rd March 1987, Location P NS558. May was the author of four hymns in Hymns Old & New (1951 Ed).
2. 1878: John Thomas (Jack) Carroll: Born May 9, 1878 at Newtown, Moynalty, Kells, Co. Meath Died March 26th 1957, age 78
Buried in the Fir-Conway Lutheran Cemetery, Mount Vernon, WA; located on the same road as and about one half mile from the Miltown, Washington Convention grounds. See Photo of grave Some notes refer to Jack as JTC or J.T.C.
4. 1882: Agnes (Aggie) Josephine (Carroll) Weir: Born July 26, 1882 at Mountainstown, Castletown, Navan, Co. Meath; died 5/24/1940. Agnes married Harry Weir of Dublin, Ireland. Harry was brother to Irvine Weir who was one of the first three workers to come to America and was the first worker to California. Harry and Agnes came to America in 1911; both were 28 yrs old. Per Ellis Island records: Harry arrived on March 10, 1911 on the ship Mauretania; Agnes arrived with 11 month old Gladys on July 22, 1911 on the ship Campania. They had 4 children: See photo of Agnes grave; See photo of Harry's grave .
(1) Gladys, born Dec. 18, 1909 who went in the work in 1940 in California; and died Dec. 22, 2005.
(2) Primrose, born May 28, 1913, who went in the work in 1947 in California. She was a nurse in the US Navy as a Lt Commander durine World War II. She died in June of 2004.
(3) Bill who married JoAnn. Had at least one daughter named Helen. (Bill & JoAnn still living in 2009; never a part of the 2x2 church)
(4) Edie who married Norman Leen. Had 3 children: Jack, who died of cancer early in life; Gladys Ann who married Dave Christie, Jr. a distant cousin (died Feb. 2011), and Kay, who married Fred Vaughan (and live in south suburbs of Seattle in 2005—not part of 2x2 church).
After Agnes died, Harry Weir married Ethel M. Waite. Harry's tombstone reads: 1882-1964 (age 82) and Ethel's tombstone reads: 1903-1968 (age 64). They are buried side-by-side in Sunset View Mortuary and Cemetery in El Cerrito, CA (formerly Albany). After Harry & Ethel died, Norm and Edie Leen lived in the home place at 1047 Peralto Avenue, Albany, California, and took care of workers' mail. Harry and Ethel M. Waite had one child, a daughter named:
(5) Jeanne/Jean, who married Jim Phillips. (still living in 2009). No children.
5. 1884: Frances (Fannie) Christie Carroll: Born September 22, 1883 at Newtown, Moynalty, Kells, Co. Meath. She died in 1980 in California, U.S.A. aged 96; buried in Pinelawn section of Sunset View Mortuary and Cemetery in El Cerrito, CA (formerly Albany) See photo of grave.
6. 1890: Primrose Cecilia (Carroll) Perrott: Born April 3, 1890; Baptised in Church of Ireland, Rathmolyon, Co. Meath on May 4, 1890 and died June 9, 1973 , 83 years old in Alameda California. Primrose Carroll entered the work at age 21 at the Vancouver B.C. Convention in 1910 with her sister May as a companion and remained in the work until 1913. She married Richard Perrott (born June 19, 1893 and died June 23 1961, 68 years old), who was from the U.K. also and was in the work for a time. Both labored in Canada. Both the1920 and 1930 California Census shows their home was in Alameda, California, and the U. S. City Directories 1821-1989 show Richard's profesion to be a banker. According to Jack Carroll's obituary, they were living in Berkeley in 1957. They had at least two children: a daughter named Wilma A. Perrott, born August 8, 1925; died unmarried May 31, 1947 (22 years old of cancer); and also a son named, Arthur Perrott , who is deceased. Richard, Primrose and Wilma are buried side by side in Sunset View Mortuary and Cemetery in El Cerrito, CA (formerly Albany). See photo of Richard & Primrose's grave; See photo of Wilma Perrott's grave
NOTE: All four (4) Carroll sisters, as well as the spouses of the two married sisters, are buried in the same cemetery: Sunset View Mortuary and Cemetery in El Cerrito, CA (formerly known as Albany).
NOTE: The connection between the Christies and the Carrolls is that Cecilia Christie Carroll, mother of Jack, Bill, May, Fanny, Primrose Perrott and Agnes Weir was a sister of John Christie, father of Dave, May, Minnie & Eva Calwell. So Jack Carroll and his siblings were first cousins of Dave Christie and his siblings, making Primrose & Gladys Weir first cousins once removed through their mother, Agnes Carroll Weir.
The Christies and Weirs are only related to one another through their marriages to Carrolls.
Dave Christie Sr.was born in County Donegal, Ireland. He married Emily Wilson in 1923, who was born in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. They pioneered the work in Hawaii; had 2 children. Jack Carroll's Announcement of Christie Marriage
Go to Top of Page